Smoke and Fire Detectors
- All newly installed hard wired smoke detectors shall be battery backed up.
- All newly installed hard wired smoke detectors shall be interconnected.
- In new construction, a hard wired smoke detector shall be installed in each bedroom including at least one on each level and outside of bedrooms.
- Under State Law RSA 153:10-a, every rental property shall have hard wired smoke detectors installed.
- If you are unsure as to where to place a smoke detector, please contact the Fire Prevention Bureau and they will be glad to assist you in the placing of smoke detectors.
- Before work can be started an electrical permit shall be obtained at the office of the building department.